Aug 24, 2013

Zoya and Valerie :Зоя и Валера

--> Zoya and Valerie Alexandrovna are a brother and sister from a small village in the area of Brest in Belarus. Valerie is a factory worker and prefers to continue working there instead of being a professional singer. Singing for them is a part of life.



Thank to Internet, we can listen to them thousands kilometers away. I get to know them via a Facebook contact, Agh-Bahman. They have never used Internet and have no idea about YouTube. However their life has been changed since their video became online.  I cannot understand a word of their lyrics but beside the lovely music (which I am biased about it due to my interest in gypsy and Balkan music) I love their attitude. The way that they perform their music is so natural so that they, themselves, enjoy it. There are not may online English sources about them. Most of the information should be translated (using Google translate which is most of the time not very understandable) from Russian.
I think more people should document the unknown talented people in small villages all around the world. Is there any grant for such works? Here is on of my favorite hits that thank to Google I found the English name for it: “Don’t smoke my daughter” which is a cover. Enjoy it!


No comments: